- Septic arthritis in association with primary lymphoedema.
Acta. Orthop. Scand. 1976, 47, pp. 676-679
- Open palm technique for Dupuytren’s contracture.
Hand: 8: 3, p. 272-278 (1976)
- The treatment of automobile injuries of the face.
Recent Advances in Plastic Surgery. P. 68-79. Edited by J.Calnan.
Published by Churchill Livingsgtone (1976)
- The stiff proximal interphalangeal joint.
Hand: 9: p.102-108 (1977)
- Primary treatment of craniofacial injuries.
Revue de Stomatologie: 79: 5: 0.363-371 (1978)
- The pathogenesis and treatment of nasal injuries.
Brit. J. Plast. Surg. 32: pp.57-74 (1979)
- Realignment procedure for ulnar drift of the metacarpophalngeal joint in Rheumatoid arthritis.
Hand: 11: 2, p.163-168
- Microvascular surgery 1 – Basic Techniques.
Hospital Update: 6: 2, p.149-161 (1980)
- Microvascular Surgery 2 – Free Flap Transfer
Hospital Update: 6: 4, pp. 381-389 (1980)
- Microvascular Surgery 3 – Replantation
Hospital Update: 6: 4, pp. 381-389 (1980)
- Use of the Polypropylene peg for immediate stabilisation in digital replantation.
J. Hand Surg. 5: 3, p. 253-259 (May 1980)
- The instep island flap to resurface plantar defects.
Brit. J. Plast. Surg. 34: pp. 315-318 (1981)
- Free microvascular and microneural transfer of the extensor digitorum brevis muscle for the treatment of unilateral facial palsy.
Brit. J. Plast. Surg. 34: 362 (1981)
- Experience in monitoring the circulation in free flap transfers.
Plast. Reconstr. Surg. 68: 543 (1981)
- Microvascular transfer of fibular bone grafts.
J. Roy. Soc. Medicine.76: pp. 249-251 (April, 1983)
- Methods of assessing the viability of free flap transfers during the post-operative period.
Symposium on Clinical Microvascular Surgery.
Clinics in Plastic Surgery, 10. 1; p.21. (1983)
- Myocutaneous flaps.
B. J. Hospital Medicine. pp. 134-141 (February, 1983)
- Extensor digitorum brevis and pectoralis minor muscle in treatment of unilateral facial palsy.
Symposium on Clinical Frontiers in Reconstructive Microsurgery.
- The pectoralis minor vascularised muscle graft for the treatment of unilateral facial palsy.
Plast. Reconstr. Surg. 75: 2, p. 206 (1985)
- Proceedings 2nd Vienna Muscle Symposium.
June 14-15th (1985)
- Surgical approaches to block dissection of the inguinal lymph nodes.
B.J. Plast. Surg. 38: pp. 231-235 (1985)
- Reconstruction of the rheumatoid hand.
Surgery: 1: 25. P. 838 (1986)
- Reconstruction of the urethra for hypospadias cripples by microvascular free flap transfers.
B.J. Plast. Surg. 39: p. 408-413 (1986)
- The osteocutaneous free fibular graft.
J. Bone & Joint Surg. Vol. 68b: No. 5, pp. 804-807 (Nov. 1986)
- The pectoralis minor muscle graft transfer for reanimation of the face in unilateral facial palsy.
Transactions of IXth International Congress of Plastic and Reconstructive
Surgery. P. 47 (March 1987)
- Plastic Surgery and Burns of Foot.
2 Chapters in “The Foot”, edited by Helan and Wilson.
Churchill Livingston. Vol. 2 (1988)
- Impedance Monitoring for Subcutaneous free flap transfers.
B.J. Plast. Surg. 42: pp.318-323 (May 1989)
- Experience of upper extremity burns.
Hand Surg. Clinics of North America. Vol. 6., No. 2., p.191-210.
- The island sensate ulnar artery flap for reconstruction around the elbow.
A.S.Jawad and D.H.Harrison. B.J. Plast. Surg. No. 6., pp.695-699
- Dorsal to volar transposition skin flap of the finger.
Grabbs Encyclopaedia of Flaps. Vol. II. Upper extremity.
p. 879. Published by Little & Brown (1999)
- Envenomation by the box jellyfish – an unusual case of ulnar nerve palsy.
Laing, J.H.E. and Harrison, D.H.
Journal of Royal Society of Medicine. Vol. 84, pp.155-116 (February 1991)
- Two flaps to resurface the basal flexion crease area of the finger.
Harrison, D.H. and Newton, J.
J. Hand Surg (Brit): Vol. 16B, p. 75-84 (February 1991)
- The exposed total knee prosthesis: A new classification and treatment algorithm.
B.J. Plast. Surg. 1992: 45 (1): pp. 66-69
- Morbidity after gold weight insertion in the upper eyelid in facial palsy.
Pickford, M.A., Scamp T. and Harrison, D.H.
B.J.Plast. Surg. 45: 1992. Pp. 460-465
- The role of microvascular transfer in facial paralysis – unilateral facial
Chapter 18. pp. 200-207. Microvascular surgery with free tissue transfer.
Edited by David Soutar. Published by Edward Arnold. (1992).
- Chapter in “Recent Advances in Plastic Surgery”.
Jackson I. And Somerlad B. (1994)
The role of free muscle transfer in the treatment of facial palsy.
- Treatment of infants with facial palsy.
Archives of diseases in childhood (Sept. 1994). Vol. 71, No. 3.
- Regeneration through a long nerve graft used in the correction of facial palsy. A qualitative and quantitative study.
Jean M. Jacobs, J.H.E.Laing, and D.H.Harrison.
Brain (1996) 119, pp. 271-279
- Is permanent congenital facial palsy caused by birth trauma?
J. Hamish E. Laing, Douglas H. Harrison, Barry M. Jones, and
Gabrielle J. Laing.
Archives of Disease in Childhood. (1996) 74, p. 56-58
- Treatment of facial palsy – muscle grafts.
Chapter in : Recent Advances in Plastic Surgery: 5, 1996. Pp.43-50.
Edited by Ian T. Jackson and Brian C. Sommerlad. Churchill Livingston.
- Hypospadias repair. The influence of post-operative care and a patient factor on
the surgical outcome.
A.O. Grobbelaar, J.H.E.Laing, D.H.Harrison and R. Sanders.
Annals of Plastic Surgery, 37: ppp.612-617 (1996)
- The distally based pedicled ulnar artery island flap in hand reconstruction.
A.O. Grobbelaar and D.H.Harrison.
B.J. Hand Surgery 1995.
- The UGPI. A modification of the MAGPI procedure for distal hypospadias.
D.H.Harrison and A.O. Grobbelaar.
Brit. J. Plast. Surg. 50: pp. 206-211 (1997)
- Trapezio-metacarpal arthritis: A review of the Helal silicone rubber spacer.
Harrison, D.H., O’Leary, S.T., Grobbelaar A.O., Goldsmith N, and Smith P.Brit. J. Hand Surg. 1997.
- Unilateral hypertrophy of the face associated with infiltrating lipomatosis.
Kang, N., Ross, D. and Harrison, D.H.
J. Oral Maxillofacial surg. 56: 885-887 (1998)
- Soft-tissue thumb reconstruction.
Jemec B., Grobbelaar A.O., and Harrison, D.H.
J. Roy. Soc. Medicine. 1998: 1, pp. 35-37
- A technique for repairing massive ventral incision hernias without the use of a mesh.
Johnson D. and Harrison, D.H.
Brit. J. Plast. Surg. 52: pp.399-403, 199.
- Paralysis of the marginal mandibular branch of the facial nerve: Treatment options.
Tully P., Webb A., Tan, S.T., Hudson D., Grobbelaar A.O and Harrison, D.H.
Brit. J. Plast. Surg. Vol. 53: 5, pp. 378-385 (2000)
- The abnormal nucleus as a cause of congenital facial palsy.
Jemec B., Grobbelaar A.O. and Harrison, D.H.
Arch. Dis. Childhood. 2000, 83: pp. 256-258 (2000)
- Long-term results of digital arthrodesis with the Harrison-Nicolle Peg.
Sabbagh, W., Grobbelaar A.O., Clarke C., Smith P.J. and Harrison, D.H.
B.J. Hand Surgery (Brit & European Vol), Vol. 26B, pp.568-571. Dec.2001.
- “Clicking-Brain Syndrome” – A curious case of insomnia.
M.E.Jones, S. Withey and D.H.Harrison. Brit. J. Plast. Surg. Vol. 54, No. 8; pp.714-716 December, 2001
- The SOOF lift – Its role in correcting mid facial and lower facial asymmetry in patients with partial facial palsy.
Nigel Horlock, Roy Sanders and Douglas H. Harrison.
Plast. Reconstr. Surg. Vol. 109, No. 3., pp. 839-849. March 2002.
- Discussion: Facial animation in children with Moebius syndrome after segmental gracilis muscle transplant.
Douglas H. Harrison.
Plast. Reconstr. Surg. 2000. 106: p.9.
- Treatment of weakness of the lower lip depressor.
Douglas H. Harrison.
Clinics in Plast. Surg. 29 (2002) 533-538
- The treatment of unilateral and bilateral facial palsy using free muscle transfers.
Douglas H. Harrison.
Clinics in Plast. Surg. 29 (2002) pp. 539-549
- Invited commentary: Location of the extracranial extent of leprous facial-nerve pathology may allow leprous facial palsy to be reanimated by free muscle transfer
B.J. Plast. Surg. (2003) 56, 20.
- Chapter on Facial Reanimation: Scott-Brown’s Otorhinolaryngology:Head and Neck Surgery (7th Edition), 2003.
- Does the removal of pectoralis minor impair the function of pectoralis major?
Silvia Scevola, Joseph Cowan, Douglas H. Harrison.
Plast. Reconstr. Surg. Vol. 12. October, 2003. Pp. 1266-1273
- Upper labial deficiency in Mobius syndrome: A previously unreported feature and its correction.
Walid Sabbagh, Ali Shafighian and Douglas H. Harrison.
Plast. Reconstr. Surg. December, 2003. Vol. 14. 112: pp.1762-1767.
- Reanimation options in patients with hemifacial microsomia and marginal mandibular nerve palsy.
Anthony MacQuillan, Martin Vesey, Douglas H. Harrison and Adriaan Grobbelaar.
Correspondence in: Plast. Reconstr. Surg. Vol. 112. No. &. December, 2003. pp. 1962-1963.
- Arterial and venous anatomical features of the pectoralis minor muscle flap pedicle.
Anthony MacQuillan, Nigel Horlock, Adriaan Grobbelaar and Douglas H. Harrison
Plast. Reconstr. Surg. Vo.. 113. No.3., March 2004. pp 872-876
- The phenomenon of the late recovered Bell’s palsy: Treatment Options to improve facial symmetry.
Neil W. Bulstrode, Douglas H. Harrison.
Plast. \Reconstr. Surg. Vol. 115, No. 6 pp. 1466-1471. 2005
- Surgical correction of unilateral and bilateral facial palsy.
Douglas H. Harrison
Postgraduate Medical Journal, Volume 81, Issue 959. September 2005
- An Approach to Bilateral Facial Paralysis
Alex C. S. Woollard, Douglas H. Harrison, Adriaan O. Grobbelaar
JPRAS Vol. 63, No. 9, Sept 2010, pp 1557-1560
Download Mr Harrison's Curriculum Vitae